Thursday, January 16, 2014

MY BLOG ?

Hello,
My name is Edna and I am proudly Nigerian. 

WHAT's MY BLOG ABOUT?
I don't blog fashion!
I don't blog about who just acquired the latest Fleet of Cars!
I don't blog about who owns the most expensive gadgets!
I don't have the time to sit and blog about who flies to the Bahamas for holiday every month or has the latest private jets.

WHY? 
 Because I've left that for other Nigerian bloggers to do (the LIBs, FKBs, LLs, etc). Don’t get me wrong, I also read trendy blogs from time to time.  Those blogs are fun and successful because that’s what my country people love to see (the latest fashion in town lol... am also guilty).

WHO I BLOG FOR?
 If you are a member of my BlogSpot, be ready for serious talk.  We all know Africa (especially Nigeria) has many pressing issues, but my focus is on Sexual Abuse.
 I BLOG FOR MY COUNTRY - because my heart bleeds.... I blog not to put my county in a bad light but to contribute my quota in making my continent a better place.
I BLOG FOR MY COUNTRY- because the outside world believe we are dumb, backward, foolish and without brains. 
Is this true? I would say YES & NO. My “YES” is because of the obvious truth which can be seen by all and sundry. But I would also say NO because some of us still know right from wrong;  some of us are willing to stand for justice and make the continent a better abode; starting from ourselves, our environs and our great country Nigeria. Unfortunately, we are the MINORITY.

My people allow political leaders buy our conscience with money; Religious leaders wash our minds with the easiest conviction because many are unable to differentiate CHRISTIANITY from STUPIDITY. As long as the Pastor is a good Orator; as long he’s got swag (finesse); as long as he can dress well, speak well and is enlighten in current affairs to bamboozle the typical Nigerian congregation who do not have time to read, such pastor becomes a demi-god and the question of if he was chosen by God or not becomes inconsequential.

Due to poverty, we have allowed ourselves to be reduced to a level that is so far below our potentials . The youths who are expected to rise up and fight for what is right are not interested for fear of their lives. A typical youth here is more interested in developing his Bank account balance to a fat level. He would say to you "let me make money first, I promise that when I become rich, I’ll change the nation". He forgets that when he becomes rich, he will continue to be on the quest for more till he grows old and fades off the earth; forgetting his promise. Even before he grows old, because he has failed to develop his nation while he had the strength, with his riches he will have no peace. Constantly he would be forced to spend more on Security for the protection of his family from his peers who were not opportuned to become rich like him and are willing to take all he has by force (Armed robbers).

I BLOG FOR MY COUNTRY- to make the outside world know that contrary to what they think or believe, there are still youths with brains in Nigeria.
I BLOG FOR MY COUNTRY - to tell the outside world that some of us are sincerely concerned and desperately want a change for greatness in our continent. It is sad that such people are the minority.

Money rules the thoughts of majority in my home land even at the detriment of our blood relatives and neighbors, before even thinking of the country's prosperity. Last week, a 12 year old girl was strangled to death by a 19 year old who claimed his pastor told him to do so for a reward of N100,000 ( $580 dollars). Few months ago, a pastor in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria; a well respected pastor home and abroad, was involved in a Sex Scandal. There were glaring facts which were difficult to deny. He promised to release a statement to his congregation and the general public about his side of the story. It’s been 4 months now and we have heard nothing from him. Only a few of his church members left the church, majority still practically worship him.

The problems in my country Nigeria are enormous but the answer is simple.  All we need is to work together and see ourselves as one Nation, instead of clamoring for a division every single day. We only need to set aside personal gain, selfish interest, Tribalism, Nepotism and work together for a common goal – THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR NATION.

My point is- W.E  W.I.L.L  G.E.T  T.H.E.R.E!  
Though we are moving with the speed of a Snail, but we will. We have millions of Youths. If Youths can come together to form various teams and take up a major cause (such as Sexual Abuse, Child/Adult education, Public Health, Law Enforcement, the Military, etc) and each youth be determined to develop such sector with his team members, in less than 5 years Nigeria would be a better nation and Africa a better continent.

Enough of the mediocrity especially among youths. 
Enough of the mediocrity especially among Christians (because I am one).
Choose where you will serve. Put your mark. As for me, sexual abuse is the cause I have decided to fight with my team and I would not stop, till I drop!

Edna Wey!

If you are willing to fight sexual abuse,
Join me on my blog- http://www.evesworldinternational.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/evesworldinternational
Email: evesworldinternational@gmail.com
Twitter : evesworld007


No comments:

Post a Comment